Country Naturals Premium Pet Foods
Country Naturals Dog and Cat Food
Premium, All-Natural Pet Food at an Unbeatable Value
Available in Adult Dog, Puppy, and Cat Formulas
Country Naturals is the perfect balance of proteins and other fine, fresh ingredients, the product of a collaboration of dedicated professionals who have devoted decades to ensuring that pets receive the very best nutrition. The highest quality natural ingredients are brought daily to a small town in the rolling farmlands of upstate New York, where they’re tested, washed, blended, cooked, and then inspected before being packaged and shipped directly to Tomlinson’s. At Country Naturals we’re proud of our ingredients—that’s why they’re written on the front of every bag.
Country Naturals contains no additives, animal by-products, artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives; in addition, it has no corn, wheat, or soy, which often cause common food allergies in pets.
Made in the USA!
Country Naturals is manufactured in the beautiful farm country of rural upstate New York, USA and then put on a truck and shipped directly to Tomlinson’s in Austin. All of the ingredients are 100% from the USA. The manufacturing facility has been making the highest quality premium pet foods made in America for the past 20 years. The plant has earned three of the most stringent certifications that a pet food facility can have, including the highest level of organic certification in the US-Oregon Tilth Certification, and the European Union Certification. (Europe’s testing standards are tougher than those in the US.)
What is the background to the Country Naturals formula?
Country Naturals was formulated by Dr. Martin Glinsky, one of the leading experts in the field of Animal Nutrition for 35 years; he has a PhD in Animal Nutrition from the University of Illinois, and was one of the originators of the holistic fresh-ingredient category. The formula was tested in Canada for over 6 years before becoming available as Grandma Mae’s Country Naturals in the US.
Who owns the company that makes Country Naturals?
It is owned by a co-op of independent pet retailers, including Tomlinson’s. It is co-op owned—not corporate—which is why we can offer it to you at such a great value.
Grade your pets’ food and compare it to Country Naturals!
Use the ingredient panel from your pet’s food to analyze and give it a grade. Start with 100 points.
- For every listing of “by-product,” subtract 10 points
- For every non-specific animal source (meat, poultry, meat meal, animal fat) reference, subtract 10 points
- If bone meal appears in the top six ingredients, subtract 10 points. If bone meal appears after the top six ingredients, subtract 5 points
- If the food contains BHA, BHT or ethoxyquin, subtract 10 points
- For every flour, bran, gluten, grits, or the meal of any grain, subtract 5 points. Subtract an additional 2 points for each gluten
- If the same grain ingredient is used 2 or more times in the first five ingredients (ground brown rice, rice bran, brewer’s rice, rice flour are all the same grain), Subtract 3 points each time it is used after the first time
- If the food contains any kind of animal digest subtract 5 points
- If the food contains any artificial colorants, peanut hulls, or powdered cellulose, subtract 3 points each
- If the food contains ground corn or whole grain corn, subtract 4 points each
- If the food contains any animal fat other than fish oil or chicken fat, subtract 1 point. If the fat source is beef tallow or an unspecified animal fat, subtract 2 more points
- If lamb is the only animal protein source (unless your dog is allergic to other protein sources), subtract 2 points
- If the food contains soy or soybeans, subtract 2 points
- If the food contains wheat, subtract 2 points
- If the food contains beef, subtract 1 point
EXTRA CREDIT: Earn back points for extras that are good for your dog!
- If any of the meat source are organic, add 3 points
- If the food contains probiotics (natural enzymes for digestion), add 4 points
- If the food contains fruit, add 4 points
- If the food contains vegetables (not corn or other grains), add 3 points
- If the animal sources are hormone-free and antibiotic-free, add 2 points
- If the food contains barley, oats or oatmeal, or quinoa, add 2 points each
- If the food contains flaxseed oil (not just the seeds) or salmon oil, add 2 points
- If the food contains alfalfa, kelp, seaweed, spinach or spirulina, add 2 points
- If the food contains sunflower oil, add 1 point
- For every specific animal protein or egg source after the first one (within the first 8 ingredients), add 1 point (ie: Chicken, chicken meal would get a point; chicken, lamb, turkey meal, fish meal would earn 3)
- If the food contains glucosamine and chondroitin, add 1 point
- Add one point if any of the following ingredients are included: Taurine, Chicory root, Garlic Yucca, Cinnamon, Cottage cheese, Cloves
Grandma Mae's Country Naturals: 119
For more info go to the Country Naturals website.