It's a new year, so let's help our pets start fresh with nutritional toppers.
Why are nutritional toppers important?
Adding nutritional toppers to our pet’s diet can help our pets stay healthy and balanced. Just like fruits, veggies, and other natural supplements for humans, these nutritional toppers give our pets an extra boost of essential vitamins and nutrients to help with digestion, joint health, skin & coat, increase hydration, and more!
Here are some of our favorite nutritional toppers!
Goat's Milk is a natural probiotic filled with vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, trace elements, enzymes, protein, and fatty acids.
The fat molecules in goat milk are 1/5 the size of cow milk which makes goat milk more digestible for pets.
Raw Goat Milk is non pasteurized, which means our pets can benefit from all of the good bacteria, naturally.
Raw Goat Milk is a great source of probiotics that can help many health issues such as:
- Digestive Issues
- Chronic Illnesses
Goat Milk is also a great way to get picky pets to eat their food. It can also supply beneficial nutrients to weening puppies and kittens.
Open Farm's Kefir is made with raw milk with the addition of nine living and active cultures from specialized bacteria. The kefir is then cultured for 36-48 hours. This process creates a powerful probiotic that provides nine active cultures and 1.5 billion live probiotics per ounce. There are several health benefits Kefir can provide including:
- Skin and Coat Health
- Bone Health
- Digestive Health
Kefir also contains beneficial yeasts, which provides natural anti-fungal properties.
Kefir is also ideal for pets recovering from surgery, or for pets who have been on antibiotics.
Bone broth is an awesome, nutrient-rich, nutritional topper for your pet. Bones and other ingredients like water and organic apple cider vinegar are boiled or simmered for extended periods of time.
Bone broth is rich in vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients, like:
- Collagen: The health of joints depends upon the health of the collagen in ligaments, tendons, and the ends of bones.
- Gelatin: Can 'plug up' the holes in the digestive system that cause Leaky Gut syndrome, which may lead to allergies and food sensitivities.
- Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and Hyaluronic Acid: protect joints, especially important in aging or large breed dogs.
- Glycine: The liver's capacity to detoxify is limited by the availability of the amino acid glycine.
Along with the above benefits. Bone Broth can be a great way to get some nutrients into sick pets when they don't want to eat.
Bark Boost is a nutrient-dense superfood for dogs. We all know that dogs thrive off of meat diets, but a topping of bio-available vegetables can give a boost to their bodies.
As we know, dogs lack amylase (a beneficial enzyme that breaks down carbs), so the vegetables are softened and cold pressed to allow dogs to easily digest the food.
The vegetables in Bark Boost provide live enzymes necessary for a dogs nutrition, which makes this supplement beneficial to pets on kibble or homemade raw diet.
Bark Boost is filled with nutrient-rich ingredients including:
- Kale, Spinach, and Dandelion Greens: Contain Vitamin K for bone development and lung/heart cell growth; Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Copper to support collagen maturation; and Lutein and Zeaxanthin to aid with eye function.
- Celery: provides anti-inflammatory nutrients.
- Zucchini: Includes Manganese, and is high in fiber the fiber.
- Lemon: Restores balance in pH levels. Proper pH is critical for cell development responsible for the immune system.
- Turmeric: Packed with curcuminoids, this is a natural and highly effective anti-inflammatory and antioxidant.
- Ginger: A broad-spectrum antibacterial, antiviral, antioxidant and anti-parasitic.
- Coconut Oil: A source of fatty acids supporting skin and coat health.
- Grass Fed Beef Bone Broth: Filled with glucosamine and chondroitin to help promote joint function and reduce arthritis while the collagen boosts connective tissue function.
Interested in trying out any of the items mentioned above? Stop by any Tomlinson's Feed locations to boost your pet's bowl to give them a healthy new start. Plus, check our event calendar to see if any of the brands will be in-store to sample!