As a family-owned and operated company, Tomlinson's Feed understands the importance of meeting the needs of people with disabilities. We are committed to treating all paw-rents in a way that allows them to maintain their independence and dignity.
Persons with disabilities should have opportunities equal to others to obtain, use, and benefit from. We promise to integrate applications and innovate our online presence to match this need as well as remove accessibility barriers both online and in-store.
Providing Goods and Services
At Tomlinson's, our Team promises to:
- Communicate with persons with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability - both in-store and through online Team Help.
- Serve persons with disabilities who use assistive devices - especially Service Animals who are always welcome in all of our locations.
- Ensure that persons with disabilities who are accompanied by a support person are permitted to enter all Tomlinson's locations with their support person.
As part of our online commitment, each new web page, product, image, or application is reviewed and evaluated prior to its release.
- If you are in need of further shopping assistance, please reach out by chatting online with Team Help or contacting your local store directly. We are more than happy to walk through our website and products to choose the purfect product for you and your pet(s).
Website and Location Disruptions
Team Tomlinson's will notify the public in the event of a planned or unexpected disruption in the facilities or services - especially persons with disabilities. Notices of website and store disruptions will be posted on the front doors or communicated via email, call, or social media/website announcement. Notices will include information about its anticipated duration and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
Feedback & Questions
We welcome any feedback and questions regarding the methods we use to provide services to persons with disabilities. Call your local store or email our Team Help crew directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Team Help will review and assess all feedback received with respect to Tomlinson’s accessibility practices and policies. After reviewing and investigating a complaint, we will provide a written response to the whomever who provided the feedback. Responses shall be provided within a reasonable amount of time and will depend on the complexity of the issues raised.
Any policy that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities will be modified or removed.
For the purposes of this policy: "Disability" means:
- Any degree of physical disability, infirmity, malformation or disfigurement that is caused by bodily injury, birth defect or illness and, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, includes diabetes mellitus, epilepsy, a brain injury, any degree of paralysis, amputation, lack of physical co‐ordination, blindness or visual impediment, deafness or hearing impediment, muteness or speech impediment, or physical reliance on a guide dog or other animal or on a wheelchair or other remedial appliance or device;
- A condition of mental impairment or a developmental disability;
- A learning disability, or a dysfunction in one or more of the processes involved in understanding or using symbols or spoken language;
- A mental disorder; or
- An injury or disability for which benefits were claimed or received under the insurance plan established under the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, 1997.
"Service animal" means an animal accompanying a person with disabilities where it is readily apparent that the animal is used by the person for reasons relating to his or her disability or where the person provides a letter from a physician or nurse confirming that he or she requires the animal for reasons relating to the disability. This definition includes guide dogs used by the blind or visually impaired.
Support person means, in relation a person with disabilities, another person who accompanies him or her in order to help with communication, mobility, personal care or medical needs or with access to goods and services.