Pet Probiotics: The Good Kind of Bacteria
You've probably heard Team Tomlinson's raving about pet supplements- especially pet probiotics. But what are they, does my pet need probiotics, and how do I know which one is right for my pet?
What are pet probiotics?According to PetMD, probiotics are living microorganisms very similar to the billions of bacteria that keep your pet’s gut running smoothly. Probiotic supplements are so important for maintaining a healthy level of this gut bacteria throughout your pet’s life.
Does my pet need probiotics?Herbsmith's Microflora can be served as a pill, or sprinkled over food. A pet probiotic is one of our top recommended supplements (along with fish oil and E3Live) to help healthy dogs and cats truly thrive. We particularly recommend pet probiotics when your pet is:
- transitioning to a new diet
- struggling with tummy upsets
- stressed from major life changes
- recovering from illnesses
- coming off a round of antibiotics
Which pet probiotics do you recommend?
- Goat milk. Raw, unpasteurized goat milk is packed with natural nutrition. Not only is it a great probiotic, it increases palatability and enhances hydration. The Bones & Co. formula is locally sourced!
- Herbsmith Microflora. Microflora Plus is a complete combination of probiotics, prebiotics, digestive enzymes, and herbs to support proper digestion and bowel health. Supplemental use of Microflora Plus will help your pet break down proteins, starches, cellulose and fats while supporting bowel health.
- The Bear & The Rat Frozen Yogurt. Yup, you read that correctly. This frozen yogurt is full of live, active probiotics, making feeding this supplement tastier than ever!
Sharing is Caring
Want to share this list with your friends and family? Save the image, or share on your feed.