Dog-friendly Popsicle Recipe
A human favorite with a twist - this summer treat is made with your pup in mind! Looking to make a cold, yet healthy treat for your dog during this HOT week? Check out our Ruff, Wags, & Bark Pupsicles recipe below.
Ruff, Wags, & Bark PupsiclesIngredients:
- 1- 2 cups hulled strawberries
- 1- 2 cups of Goat's Milk (we used Bones&Co. Goat's Milk)
- 1-2 cups of blueberries
- 4 6" standard bully sticks
- Ice Pop Maker mold
- Make the red (ruff) layer. In a blender, puree the strawberries, scraping down sides as needed. Pour the pureed strawberries into the ice pop maker, filling 1/3 of the popsicle mold. Place one bully stick into each popsicle mold. Freeze until firm.
- Make the white (wags) layer. Pour the Goat's Milk into the ice pop maker, filling 1/3 of the popsicle mold. If using frozen goat's milk, make sure to thaw the goat's milk in your refrigerator in advanced. If using dehydrated goat's milk, follow the directions on the label to rehydrate and cool before pouring into the mold. Freeze until firm.
- Make the blue (bark) layer. In a blender, puree the blueberries, scraping down sides as needed. Pour the pureed blueberries into the ice pop maker, filling the rest of the popsicle mold. Freeze until firm.
- Make the pup(s) happy. Just before serving, briefly run the molds under hot water to release the pops. We suggest serving the pupsicles outside to your pup(s) to prevent a mess inside.